This GPS module is built around the SiRF-Star III GPS processing chipset and has an tiny 29x29x8mm footprint* with RS-232, TTL and 1PPS output.
This unit has a green status LED which indicates the current navigation fix and power status at a glance.
These GPS engine boards are intended for system integrators and developers. Significant bulk discounts do apply to larger quantities of these items. Please contact us for wholesale sales and shipping prices. The prices shown are for one-off or sample purchases.
Maybe used in Silicon Chip projects and other magazine or amateur projects as a EM408 etc. replacement.
Note, For wholesale quantities this item has a 2-6 week delivery time from payment of order. Sample orders are available immediately if in stock.
Spec sheet is available here
- Built on SiRFStar III Chipset
- Support high sensitivity for very weak signal acquisition and tracking.
- Advanced IC technology that makes the total receiver cost saving.
- Allows the receiver to track the satellites using up to 20-channel correlators.
- Fast TTFF for cold start, warm start and hot start.
- High performance firmware delivers excellent positioning speed.
- Dual serial communication channels (TTL & RS-232)
- Includes backup power to sustain the internal clock for short periods.
- 1PPS output included!
- 12 month warranty*
- supplied with 10cm cable with Molex plug fitted
Parameter / Metric
TTFF (Time To First Fix)
Warm: 35 Sec
Hot: 2 Sec
||2DRMS: 3m with WAAS enabled
Tracking: -159 dBm
||1 uSec or
(default) 4800 bps
GSV, RMC, (Optional GLL, VTG)
||66 mA (Avg)
||3.3 - 5Vdc
||32 x 32 x 8mm
||-10 to +65
||-40 to +100
* Warranty against manufacture defects. damage caused by incorrect use outside the published specifications is not covered by warranty.
** Note unit is smaller than the Globalsat EM-408 and most other modules.