SLA7078MR PWM Stepper Motor Driver.
The SLA7078MR is a stepper motor driver/controller chip featuring a unique chopper/PWM driver and current reduction functions that is perfect for your DIY CNC.
The chip is used in high-spec commercial stepper drivers, also in low cost controller boards such as the
HobbyCNC Pro Chopper Board.
- Power supply voltages, VBB : 46 V(max.), 10
to 42 V normal operating range
- Logic supply voltages, VDD: 3.0 to 5.5 V
- Maximum output currents: 1 A, 1.5 A, 2 A, 3
- Built-in sequencer
- Simplified clock-in stepping control
- Microstepping at full, half, quarter,
eighth, and sixteenth steps
- ZIP type 23-pin moulded package (SLA package)
- Self-excitation PWM current control with
- off-time adjusted automatically by step reference current ratio (3 levels)
- Built-in synchronous rectifying circuit
reduces losses at PWM off
- Synchronous PWM chopping function prevents
motor noise in Hold mode
- Sleep mode for reducing the IC input current
in stand-by state
- Note: Built-in protection circuitry against motor
coil opens/shorts only available on SLA7078MPR
Functional Block Diagram